Check In/Check Out (Multiple Openings)
Home Company The Villages Health
Home Business Unit The Villages Health
Reports To Clerical Supervisor
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Scope of Responsibilities
A nonexempt position responsible for coordinating, verifying, distributing, and managing all services provided by the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- Uses customer service principles and techniques to deal with patients calmly and pleasantly.
- Assists patients who walk into or call the care center and directs them accordingly.
- Performs insurance eligibility.
- Completes demographic intake in EMR.
- Collects co-pays and past due patient balances.
- Reconciles cash and other patient payments to daily report.
- Processes and distributes copies of daily closes according to clinic policies.
- Answers phones and schedules appointments.
- Greets patients and directs them appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
Minimum one year clerical/billing experience in a health care organization.
- Knowledge of clinic policies and procedures and overall understanding of medical office flow.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
- Proficient skills in computer programs.
- Skill in using a calculator.
- Skill in tact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and work with others.
- Ability to communicate calmly and clearly with patients.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret medical charts.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Operate standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copies, printers, telephones, calculators, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment. Manual dexterity using a calculator.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Flexible business hours.
Access to Protected Health Information (PHI)
This position requires LIMITED access to Protected Health Information (PHI), and will adhere to HIPAA regulations regarding PHI. Employee and supervisor have reviewed the above job description and determined that it accurately reflects the position. Employee acknowledges and agrees that he/she is qualified to perform the essential functions of the position [with] or [without] accommodation.