Patient Service Representative - Call Center
Home Company The Villages Health
Home Business Unit The Villages Health
Reports To Patient Service Supervisor
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Scope of Responsibilities
The Villages Health consistently delivers over 98% patient satisfaction and we are always looking for new ways to provide the best patient experience in all that we do. The Patient Service Representative (PSR) team is at the forefront of this experience, acting as a concierge service for all new patients. How we answer the phone, handle calls and provide service to our callers is a reflection of our core values and care model. In the Call Center, our PSRs are responsible for taking inbound calls and/or placing return calls from warm leads who want to know more about The Villages Health, book a tour at one of our Care Centers, schedule a class at our Learning Center and/or book a new patient appointment with both our primary or specialty care providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require (this includes but is not limited to emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- Be a champion for The Villages Health brand, care model, care center, services, clinicians and the new patient experience.
- Represent our core values of service, quality, stewardship and innovation to patients and co-workers.
- Build rapport with potential new patients and educate them about The Villages Health experience, accepted insurances and new patient process (by phone).
- Answer important patient questions and/or determine the best next steps and resources to serve their needs.
- Assist new patients in scheduling a course or tour, selecting a provider or booking new patient appointments.
- Accurately verify insurance using a variety of online programs.
- Provide new patients with appropriate next steps, for example where to arrive for the appointment, how to complete new patient paperwork, etc.
- Accurately track and report all call inquiries in the customer relationship management tool.
- Report the outcome of the call, using wrap up codes.
- Meet performance goals and SLAs for call volume, time on call, answered calls, lead conversion rates for new patient appointments and more.
- Adhere to compliance and HIPPA regulations.
- Report to the Patient Services Call Center Supervisor.
- High school diploma
- Associate’s degree preferred
- 2 years Customer/Patient Service Experience or Phone Sales, healthcare industry a plus
- Experience in a either a medical office or high-volume call center
- Experience using both call center and EMR software
- Passion for providing superior patient service
- Sales experience a big plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of health care field.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information.
- Knowledge of customer/patient service principles, applications and conflict resolution.
- Skill in putting information in preferred medical record system, meeting clinic standards.
- Skill in diffusing tense situations through diplomatic problem-solving.
- Skill in using computer, medical records software, and customer relationship management tools.
- Skill in handling call inquiries and turning them into sales opportunities
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff via phone, in person and through email.
- Ability to establish relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Ability to hit and exceed customer service level and new patient acquisition goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Combination of standing, sitting, bending, and reaching. May work at computer monitors for prolonged periods of time using fingers to keyboard, handle or feel. Workload will be heavy at times.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Office environment with standard office equipment with emphasis on telephones and EMR. Noise level is low to moderate. Remote work available.
Access to Protected Health Information (PHI)
This position requires LIMITED access to Protected Health Information (PHI), and will adhere to HIPAA regulations regarding PHI.