Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care - Creekside
Home Company The Villages Health
Home Business Unit The Villages Health
Reports To Care Center Physician
FLSA Status Exempt
Scope of Responsibilities
The Villages Health is seeking full-time Nurse Practitioners who are interested in devoting their practice to serving our wonderful patient population. Join us and our team of providers who partner to be patient-centered and community-focused here in The Villages, America’s Healthiest Hometown! The candidate should possess the following qualities and skills: good bedside manner, an empathetic and cooperative disposition, good clinical skills and fund of knowledge. Job duties will include:
- Assesses patient status by obtaining health history through patient/family interviews and chart reviews; assessing presenting illness, risk factors, and family history, psychosocial situation, and cultural factors; and performing appropriate physical examination.
- Orders/performs appropriate laboratory diagnostic and other screening tests. Seeks other information as needed, including consultation with physicians and other clinicians, for evaluation of illness. Integrates data to determine diagnosis and therapeutic plan, including identification of any health risks.
- Develops and implements treatment plan by prescribing/dispensing medications and/or injections in compliance with medical practice guidelines and state laws. Handles minor lacerations. Instructs patient/family regarding medications and treatments. Educates patients regarding health promotion/illness prevention. Recommends appropriate community resources to meet patient/family needs. Communicates appropriate case management information to other professionals and community agencies. Prepares documentation for medical records including updating patient medical chart by posting examination and test results, diagnosis, medications, and treatment in written/computerized manner.
- Participates in peer reviews, chart reviews, staff education, clinical guideline development, and other continuing education and quality assurance activities to demonstrate compliance with standards, regulations, policies, and procedures. Acts as consultant/collaborator to clinical team on area of specialty. Complies with patient confidentiality requirements. Promotes patient advocacy.
- Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patient. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between visits according to treatment plan including triaging patient calls/e-mails.