The program is provided in 10 hours over the first year of education. First you will receive a 1-hour individual needs assessment. Then you will receive 4 two-hour group classes:
- Class 1: What You Need to Know About Diabetes
- Class 2: Nutrition and Psycho-Social Impacts
- Class 3: Exercise and Medication
- Class 4: Complications and Healthy Behaviors
After your first year of education, you are eligible to participate in two additional hours of Diabetes Education each year thereafter. Classes are held at all of The Villages Health Care Center locations.
Diabetes Education Costs:
- UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage pays for 100% of Diabetes Education.
- Medicare covers 80% of program costs and patient/supplemental insurance is responsible for remaining 20%.
- BlueCross BlueShield commercial and United commercial insurance coverage is based on plan benefits.
- A self-pay option is also available for other commercial insurance members.
For more information or to sign-up, please call 352-674-1770.